Not only is Field Notes HQ based in Chicago, it's also the namesake for our company - The Chicago Pen Company. This regular edition of Field Notes celebrates the Windy City with the Chicago Flag printed on its cover.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Service Graphics, Inc., Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.
- 02. Cover: French Dur-O-Tone 80#C "Packing Brown Wrap," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover printed on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Innards printed on a Miller TP104 28" × 40" 2-color printing press.
- 06. Bound by a Heidelberg ST350 "Stitchmaster" 8-pocket saddle stitcher, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
- 07. Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a CRC round-corner machine.
- 08. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm x 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
- 09. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm x 140mm).
- 10. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 12. UPC: 858493003363